What's (Been) Up, Doc?

We've been busy, busy, BUSY. And though I've been trying to update this blog here and there, there were certain events that were unintentionally missed. So here is a post solely dedicated to those very special (albeit past) moments.:

Sissy celebrated her (insert garbled noise here)th bday on Feb. 10th. Seriously. Should ANYONE look this good at ANY age?! (Please try to ignore the equally pretty teeny-bopper to the left; it will just depress you.)
Photobucket

Our sweet JOLIE CALLA KIM was born on Thursday, February 11, 2010 at 10:25am...
....in 17 minutes and 4 pushes.
...weighing 7lbs,11oz.
Photobucket
Unfortunately, Jolie had severe jaundice and had to be treated at CHOC. She was admitted, released, then re-admitted to another hospital. :( Two days of waking every hour and a half in the neonatal ward to feed my sick baby will forever keep me humble. Since we only breed fighters in our fam-bam, Jolie spent one week in the NICU and then she was released for home treatment. Two weeks later, she was 100% jaundice-free. Now almost 4 months later, Jolie is healthy, a TOTAL doll and an absolute joy in our lives.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

My parents celebrated their wedding anniversary on February 12th. It's amazing to think that a small trip in a colorful jeep in the Philippines would lead to 35+ years together, 3 SUPER kids and 3 ADORABLE grandkids. Well done, folks. Well done.
Photobucket

Jon and I celebrated our 7th year wedding anniversary on Feb 21st. That makes it 15 years TOTAL. Time flies when you're having fun (and kids. LMAO!) Love you, Eggie!
Photobucket

March 26th marked 2 wonderful milestones that occurred on the same day: My hubby-bear turned twenty-fourteen and my dad finally retired. Sadly, the family photographer epically FAILED to bring her camera to document the momentous events.

*wilt*

Hey - I can still use the whole "I just had a baby" excuse to justify my brain lapse, right? RIGHT?! Do you have any idea what actually happens to a woman's brain during active labor? The pain? The pressure? It's enough to knock out a skabillion (actual scientific count) brain cells...but I digress...

Let's tap into our imagination, shall we? Picture, if you will, Jon's smiling face next to a cake. See, in your mind's eye, a plethora of handwritten "Hooray it's your bday" signage that Jailyn and I painstakingly hung around the house? Do you see it? Streamers all around, too? Yes? Now take another moment to envision my dad, standing by my Uncle Flor (who also retired that day) screaming and flailing their arms uncontrollably whilst they run away from their cubicles.

THAT is what I would have placed in a cute slideshow or on this post but there's no need to rehash the past. Moving on...

April 28th: Our Fif... Our little baby, Kharina....turned *gulp* SEVEN-FREAKIN-TEEN. Hard to believe that she's nearly an adult and just a year away from graduating. What's most distressing is that I can't get over the fact that I am old enough to have a 17 year-old niece. LOL! Love you, baby girl! 4 more years and we're off to VEGAS, Beeb!
Photobucket

May 5. Had to return to work. I've already blogged about that, haven't I? If you're up to subjecting yourself to more whining, go ahead and read my previous post.

May 9 - Mother's Day. It was awesome. We had Filipino food, exchanged gifts, then hung out at my sister's house for several hours together. Nothing TOO eventful but it was exactly what the doctor ordered. I walked away with a new purse, a couple of Nordstrom's gift cards, beautiful flowers and lovely cards. Yay moms!


Ok. Dat's it. I'm now officially up-to-date. If I've missed any other events... what can I say? I've just had a baby. (YES! Twice in one post!)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I LOVE it! Especially the really cute MILF on the first picture! LOL! Thanks sissy! I really LOVE our family (chibsters sniffed on the pics). What a wonderful life....

Popular Posts