The Night Before....

I feel the way that I expected to feel the night before I have to go back to work: totally stressed, incredibly emotional, and just plain sad.

I've spent the last 12 weeks dreading this day and now that it's finally here, I don't know WHAT to do with myself. I didn't do anything to be "more prepared" for tomorrow either. I didn't get the haircut that I said I'd get. I didn't go "work clothes shopping" like I said I would. Heck, I didn't even TRY to lose any more weight so that the heifers at work wouldn't look at me in judgement for not losing more of the baby weight while I was gone. What did I do? I made dinner, bathed both of the girls, baked a tres leches cake with Jailyn and fell asleep with both of the girls in my bed.

Right before Jailyn fell asleep, I reminded her that I was going back to work in the morning. She looked at me, pouted and said, "I'd rather be homeless than have our family be apart. You should just call them and say that you can't be there because you have something else to do."

Oh kiddo...if it were only that simple.... :(

Comments

Suzi said…
I can't believe it has been 12 weeks already. I hope your day back isn't too emotional and you get back to your little girls quickly :)

Popular Posts