Growing Pains


During our usual bedtime routine, Jailyn turned to me and asked, "Mama? When am I getting my period?"

I paused - hoping that if I waited long enough, someone else would answer the question. Unfortunately, the only other person in the room was Jolie and she was asleep. Having no other choice, I did what any red-blooded, (desperate) mom would do: I simply ignored her.

"Moooooooom??!" Jailyn is now staring at me - looking annoyed.
"What, honey?", I say - pretending to be distracted.
"WHEN AM I SUPPOSED TO GET MY PERIOD?!", she repeats.
"That's an interesting question. What spurred that on?"


Please God send me a small monsoon. Nothing crazy - just enough to dampen and distract her.


Jailyn was exasperated with me. "I just want to know.", she blurted out.
"Well I got my period when I was 12. Some girls get it sooner and some later. If I had to guess, I would say that you'd get your period around the same time I did."
"Oh. Cool." --- And with that, she scurried off.


Note to self:  Do yourself a favor and move to Yemen.

Comments

Popular Posts