Much Ado About Nada

It seems wrong that I have neglected to post anything on this blog for over two months. I can't even say that it's bec there's nothing to report. The fact of the matter is, there has been A LOT of amazing moments that should never have gone unmentioned. Yet somehow...I have been unable to find the motivation to do it. And though I have allowed the idea that it could all be due to writer's block - I know the truth.

I haven't written about any of it bec all of the wonderful experiences that I've been blessed with has been difficult to genuinely embrace. I'm sad and tired and don't want to put forth the effort to pretend that I'm not. I also don't have the energy to wax poetic on gloom that I've touched on before.

Not here. Not this entry. Not today.

I've opened this post over a dozen times but only end up closing my browser - feeling utterly overwhelmed. I know that I should have written about Thanksgiving, Jailyn's wonderful 10th bday, my bday, Christmas, dad's bday and the New Year. And though I do have - what appears to be -the meager beginnings of an entry for each event; but they are still sitting in my drafts folder. They're all waiting to have some semblance of completion. Waiting for me to muster the inspiration to speak about them.

The good news is my family is doing ok  We are still going day by day.  We still miss dad immensely, but find comfort in the circle that he helped built.  And still trying to figure out what this "new normal" is all about. In spite of the difficulties we are facing, we are carrying on together. That's what counts, right?

Comments

Popular Posts