The Road Well-Traveled

I was running late for work today and thought that I might butter up boss lady with her favorite cup o' java. I make my stop, buy the aforementioned drink and head back to the office. I turn out of the parking lot and had driven a few feet before I noticed 3 men in my rear view mirror frantically flagging for me to go to the left of the street.

THAT's when I realized that I had been driving on newly paved road.
Ugh. Only THEN do I notice the BRIGHT freaking signs that read "Wet cement. Thru traffic to the left."

Ah. Surely they didn't mean ME too?

As I negotiate toward the leftside of the street - I run into even more signs: NO. LEFT. TURNS.

No left turns? That's the only way back to my office (and may I remind you that I am the most non-directional person. Ever?) I turned on my navigation to help me find my way back to work. Eventually, I get the 2 familiar beeps indicating that the correct turn was coming up ahead. I get excited.

Yay-yess! Finally back on the right track.

I make my turn at the next light. ---- THE
WRONG LIGHT. Somehow I've managed to get on the freeway... and en-route to Timbuktu.

Needless to say, I did (eventually) find my way back... but not until after I was on the road for an hour
for a trip that should have only taken me 10 minutes.

Gotta love the scenic route.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Of course....isn't funny that you still make it to your destination though? So is it the process or the outcome? Hmmm....
Unknown said…
You know me, sis. I've always looked forward to a little bit of both. Here's to the journey...

Popular Posts