Weddings...

...always make me cry. Who am I kidding? Nowadays, the mere sight of a tissue box makes me cry - but I digress...

After months of planning and dozens of tissue boxes later, my big sissy's day had finally come. She's going to the chapel and ...well... you know.

(Click here for some of the wedding pics.)

What a beautiful ceremony - both inspiring and emotional. It was clear to all that was present that they loved one another; and in spite of all the hoopla, the wedding itself was merely a small part of an on-going journey that was long established many moons ago. My gorgeous sister was in a white, mermaid dress adorned in detail and ornate bling. Her hair - loosely curled and pinned simply with a small tiara. I don't think that I've ever seen a more beautiful bride. But what stood out most to me was what one could see behind her eyes. It was subtle and something that I believe only a chose few could truly recognize: peace.

Though she was notably happy, it's been a while since I've seen this particular twinkle in her eyes. She often guards that part of her heart and allows small pieces of it to be exposed in controlled intervals. That night, she allowed God and everyone to see it in her, too. Freely. Wholeheartedly. At that moment, I knew that she was finally ready to be vulnerable again. To love again. To accept peace again.

Cheers, big sis.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Only you would know this part of me. Kharina was too young. Jon walked in a bit later. Darren came in just in time. You have been my constant. Only you would know this part of me. Thank you for this one sis. I'm still crying. You are part of my peace. I mean, how could I have gotten here without you? Love you.

Popular Posts