Ode to Jonathan

Photobucket

I'm a lucky girl. I met my hubby when I was 13 years old. And even though
we didn't really get together until 6 years later, Jon has always known
what he wanted out of life...and what he wanted from me.

He knew that he was my soulmate and would be one of my best friends. Best of all, he knew that he'd love the HELL out of me and my kids.

Photobucket

We've been through a lot together and yet, after 15 years,
I still find myself in awe that he's remained by my side in spite
of my quirky imperfections. My husband is sweet and kind;
and has always accepted me for who I am. He is also blissfully unaware that the true reason why
we've lasted this long is that he has no clue that he is too good for me.


And THAT, my friends, is one secret that I'll happily take to my grave.
(...or at least until he gets to read this post. *wink*)


Now, with a new baby on the way, I thank God every day
that my girls will have a "dadden" who will love them
unconditionally, relentlessly and will support them - no matter what.

Sarangheyo, Eggie.

Comments

what a sweet sweet post! i think one of the secrets to a great marriage is when both partners understand they got the better deal :)
Anonymous said…
He is the best ever isn't he? Though, as your sissy and road dawg, I will never agree that anyone is too good for my sissy....not even my brutha from anutha mutha. I will give him free blood though....

Popular Posts